On-Demand Milk Delivery App Development: Complete Guide
Gone are the days when you and I had to venture out of our homes to handpick the best items of necessity. Indeed it is so innate in some people to go shopping every morning or on their way back home from work. Shopping is undoubtedly therapeutic, but when it comes to juggling with your work, it does become extremely cumbersome. Nonetheless, our lives now pivot around these apps as they have eased out our lives to a great extent. All thanks to milk delivery app development.
Now, you may ask what is a milk delivery app? The term, of course, is suggestive of its features and function. With the help of the on-demand milk delivery app, you can avail of the best options in purchasing milk.
It is fast gaining popularity as it promises to deliver fresh milk as per the desired amount. Ensured service and the growing need for a milk delivery app are on an escalating rise. Thus, the need for a milk delivery app solution has become a priority for many milk delivery stores.
Surge And Hike In Demand For A Milk Delivery App Development
Humans are slaves to the habits they nurture. Given the fact that everything is available at our fingertips, we have become more dependent on this food, grocery, clothes and now a milk delivery app. Some of the renowned milk delivery apps would be MilkBasket, Daily Ninja, etc. A list of reasons can be mentioned for this changing scenario:
1. Easy Purchase In No Time
This is the foremost reason why there is an increased demand for online milk delivery stores. Shoppers can purchase milk just at the last moment or can pre-order as per their choice and requirement. It is as easy as this – choose, click, pay and receive.
2. Home Delivery Options Available
No bonus points for guessing this reason that has led to a massive demand for developing milk delivery apps. Even a few years back, people had to beat the adverse weather conditions and other problems to buy milk. Milk is an essential commodity and is one of those food essentials that we need every morning. So what better option than receiving it at your doorstep without spoiling the morning sleep!
Related read: How To Scale Your Delivery Business Amidst Challenges
3. Free Delivery After A Certain Amount Of Purchase
Like all other grocery or goods delivery apps, the milk delivery app also promises a free delivery after a particular cart amount. This leads to a two-way profit: one, the buyer does not have to pay an extra penny as a delivery charge; two, the retailer gets to sell a bulk amount and makes a handsome profit.
4. Top And Reliable Dealers To Choose From
A good brand name always makes a good impression. Especially when it comes to edible items, no one wants to compromise with the quality. As it concerns one’s health, buyers would love to see their preferred brands on the list. Consequently, they also learn to trust other brands after they have done their R&D on it.
Best Features To Be Included On A Milk Delivery App
The Milk delivery app development plan must include the below-mentioned features for the best effects:
1. Customer Profile
It should include the customer or user’s details. For example, it must have the person’s name, contact numbers, location, e-mail address, e-wallet amount, order history, referral code, privilege points, etc.
2. Profile Verification
Verifying the customer account will rule out any falsities and reduce the chances of fake accounts. This is to be done by the admin of the milk delivery app.
3. Easy Log-in
Users should not have any difficulty in logging in and out of their accounts. You must keep in mind those who are using the app for the first time. Any complications in understanding the app usage and functions will have a negative impact on the user. This might also lead to uninstalling the app. Keep your app’s UI simple.
4. GPS Tracking
Tracking the status of delivery, the location of the delivery executive and the address of delivery are must-haves. These must be included for the convenience of all involved with the app.
5. Listed Partner Stores
The stores delivering the milk through the app must be enlisted. Giving simple and clear options to the users will make their app experience a great one.
6. Item Categories And Product Details
The items in and out of stock must be on display. The categories must also ensure the product descriptions and details like price, amount, offers and such particulars are mentioned on the app. Pricing and enlisting the products in proper categories will help the user to select the item easily.
7. Search Options
A search space must be provided to type in the item required. In doing so, the app will directly take the user to the item category in no time.
8. Delivery Time, Date And Day Preferences
The user must be given the freedom to set the particulars for the delivery so that they can get the ease of booking their own milk delivery date and other preferences.
9. Payment Options
The payment gateways must be varied like e-wallet, debit and credit cards, cash on delivery, Google Pay, etc. Bank accounts can also be synced with the customer profile for NEFT secure transfers.
10. Safe Transaction
All payment options must be dealt with complete security. As a company one should not let the security be made public or hacked.
11. Discount Coupons
Valid discount coupons or redemption of points must be displayed. These have to be self-explanatory so that the user can apply the codes on their purchase and avail of the benefits.
12. Customer Relation Management
Adding an option to contact the customer care executive or post a text in the chat option for quick assistance, is a must. Putting this on the app will ease out the queries and concerns of the customer.
Types Of Panels Required In Milk Delivery App Development
For creating an amazing milk delivery app development, you will need to build three different panels. One is the admin panel, next is the customer panel and the other one is the delivery executive panel. Check out what features you need to include in these panels:
This panel is handled and managed by the admin. Here are some of the features of the panel:
Promotional offers: a close eye has to be kept on the promotions and offers. The administration is responsible for announcing these in close coordination with the partner stores.
Reviews and ratings: the admin should be in a good position to know about its progress by checking the reviews. The ratings for the services rendered would also be an excellent way to improve and enhance the services.
Customer profile management: managing customer profiles is a job that has to be done deftly. Thus, the administrative body must keep a close eye on each of the profiles and track their progress.
Alteration of items and categories: if a change in or addition of the items is needed, then it is the lookout of the admin. They take the final call in this matter.
Revenue management: the enlisted stores have to make a payment to the app company for partnering with them. So this option on the admin panel will let them keep a check on all those partner accounts.
2. Customer Panel
This panel can be managed by the users who have downloaded the app on their devices. Here are some of the latest features of the customer panel:
Store search options: it lets the customer to easily search for the nearest store from his or her desired location.
List of partner stores and items: all the serviceable stores will be enlisted on the app so that the preferred stores and the items of the customers are reflected well.
Delivery preferences: the shopper should be in a good position to choose the day, date, time and location of the delivery.
Ordering and reordering of items: the milk delivery app should be able to let the user place their orders and re-order the previous orders easily. In case if an item is forgotten to be added on the order, then there should be an option to add it as well.
Order history: the user should be able to check the previous orders and the order history to keep his own track on the items.
E-wallet: keeping money on the e-wallet of the app gives the user a chance for cashback and easy payment facilities. However, security for the same has to be maintained.
Signing in and out: these two functions ensure the security of the customer account. Making them easy would be of your utmost concern.
Secure payment gateways: talking about security, another aspect that would seek your concern are the payment options. Credit or debit cards, online banking, Google Banking or any other modes of payments have to be hassle-free and secured.
GPS tracking: the customer should encounter easy GPS tracking of the delivery executive. The estimated time of arrival or ETA should also be mentioned.
Reviews and ratings: each delivery must be rated so that the company and the delivery executive gets an opportunity to know how they are doing their jobs. Knowing this will help them to improve their services and get a good boost.
Delivery Executive Panel
The delivery executive panel is handled by the delivery person who will be in charge of dropping the milk parcel to the customer. Here are some of the features that of the delivery executive panel:
Reviews and ratings: like the admin panel, the delivery executive must be given an option to view the customer reviews about his or her service.
Order and payment details: the executive must clearly understand orders, cancellation, items included on the cart and the mode of payments.
Earnings: with each delivery, a particular amount of commission is earned by the delivery executive. The app company must maintain transparency here.
Tracking via GPS navigation: to locate the delivery address, the nearest landmark or order pick-up point has to be tracked for timely deliveries.
Related read: 5 Ways How GPS Can Streamline Your Truck Business
Meeting The Basics Of Milk Delivery App Development
Before you set out to launch your online milk delivery app, you must make a web-chart of the points stated below:
1. Target Audience
A person in dire need to purchase milk or milk products will make the umpteen use of this app. Targeting the right age group would be highly profitable.
2. Cost And Expenses
Chalking out a budget will give you an idea to approach the app development professionals and partner stores accordingly.
3. App Development Team
Do your studies well before you strike a deal with an expert app development team. Make sure that they understand and execute your requirements well. An efficient milk delivery app development team will know the tricks of giving your app users an unhindered app experience.
4. Meeting Your Needs And Demands
As a company, you must be aware of the items and products that you have to keep on display on your app. The milk delivery app should, therefore, meet the demands of your business.
5. Testing And Deployment
Before the app goes live, it should be tested, and the loopholes must be amended.
6. Check, Discuss And Amend The Problems
No problem should be neglected at the onset of the app launch. This might lead to serious issues at later stages.
The Expenses To Be Covered In Milk Delivery App Development
Being pennywise will save you a lot of headaches later on. As you know that developing an app is not a child’s play, it is bound to come with its expenses.
- App development team: getting the best professionals would cost you a good deal of money but will also deliver great services. Thus, get hold of the best milk delivery app development company without any compromises.
- UI/UX designer: this expert also has to be paid well since it is well up to him to make the app look rather appealing.
- Backend developer: a good backend developer is much needed to build a strong coding base for your milk delivery app.
- Registration charges: maintaining copyright and fulfilling other registration formalities will be chargeable for a valid reason.
- App development platform (single or cross-platform): if you are choosing the app operating platform to be Android or iOS or both, you have to pay for it accordingly. Cross-platform charges are always more than a single one; but going for cross-platform app development ensures that your app is running smoothly on every device.
- Documentation and security payments: an amount has to be paid to keep all the data of the customer and business details safe on your milk delivery app.
- Updating charges: the app has to be timely updated for its smooth functioning.
- Partnerships: banking and store partners have to be paid to take them into confidence in doing business with you.
- App Store charges: uploading your app on Google Play Store or App Store, comes with a price too.
Technology Stack In Milk Delivery App Development
Having the right technical stack at place determines the success of your app. Check out what technologies you exactly need for your milk delivery app development:
- UI/UX designs and layouts: get the best designs and look for your app. The more appealing it gets, the better and longer impression will it create on the users.
- Operational platforms: choosing the app operation platform is one of the most critical aspects of your app development technologies. If it is a single operating platform, then the users of the other OS will be deprived of using your app. So choosing your app to work on both platforms will make your milk delivery app more compatible on any mobile phone.
- Coding language: a strong coding language is highly required. This will help build a strong backbone of the app.
- Interface: the interface should offer a clear and easy visual of the app. This will be the result of the app development. It is with this that the users will get a thorough insight into the app details.
- Anti-virus: using a reliable anti-virus will secure the data and the app. Not doing so will lead to fatal consequences.
- Testing and deployment: once you have the milk delivery app completely developed, the app development team will test its working and functions. The shortcomings can be instantly looked into.
- Uploading the app: the final step in propagating your app is to upload it on a site from where users can download it. For example, you can upload your app on App Store, which is a secure and favorite ground for users to download their apps from.
Time To Kickstart Your Milk Delivery App Development
Knowing what is to be done and doing what should be done, are ideas that are poles apart. So, mind your steps and fulfill the app requirements. Meeting the demands of the milk or milk product purchasers will let your online milk delivery store excel.
Thus, the demand for this will increase, and so will the sale of milk and milk products. Giving the customer a fair chance to get the best quality of milk without going out of home is compelling. Ensure that your milk delivery app is promising and is of great help to the app users. This can be done by implementing all the latest features and technologies in your milk delivery app.
Have a similar app idea in mind? Share it with us and get your dream milk delivery app developed by our expert hands. Let us help you with your milk delivery app development with our ready-to-go on-demand delivery solutions. Book a FREE consultation today.